Sunday, May 06, 2012

a day to be thankful for.



happy vesak day !
an awesome and fulfilling day on the whole.

so its the first time in 6(?) years that i'm able to spend vesak day relaxing.
cause for the past few years its always been helping out at my parents' chai peng stall.
no complains, but its just a change (:

on this happy saturday, when i FINALLY HAVE A SAT OFF YAY NO WORK,
we decided to go pulau ubin!
levon found this online deal on streetdeal.sg which offers a package for ubin.
cycling + kayaking/snorkeling + free lunch + fish spa at 20 bucks per pax.

6 of us (the girls and ahpok & cs) happily signed up.
who knows we dio scammed, 上了贼船 !

firstly, we went there only to be informed that snorkeling is currently not available.
such a disappointment cause i was kinda looking forward to try it. :/

secondly, the service was super lousy.
you get the impression that the staff doesnt bother about you and feel irritated that you're there -.-

thirdly. lobster spaghetti is like tiger prawn. HAHAHAH.

fourth. the kayak me and ahpok shared nearly capsized !
i have no idea if its my bf's problem or the kayak. maybe both HAHAHAH.
BUT SCARY LA, KEEP SINKING TOWARDS THE END.
i totally dont wanna land headfirst into the dirty looking water please.
some more with the huge fish inside. they look like flat piranhas!

speaking of fish, had our first try at fish spa!
i've been wanting to try this ever since it came out heheh.
the doctor fishes (Garra rufa) slough off the dead skin cells on your feet when you dip em into the pool.
super ticklish sensation, omg we laughed and screamed like shit at first.
then you learn how to tahan and keep calm.
end up it feels quite shiok eh ! and idk but i feel like my legs are smoother HAHAH.

but on a side note i doubt i will dare to try anymore.
cause after i tried to research on these fishes (sok was asking what are they),
i realised tt this type of 'spa' has been banned in some parts of the US due to sanitary concerns.
and UK issued a warning about the spread of blood borne diseases if infected patients bleed into the water.
#scared die #first and last try

cycling. hmm that was both fun and scary too.
ubin is legendary for cycling (and the accidents), so i guess i was abit apprehensive.
prepared alcohol swabs and plasters, levon even more higher level,
she brought chlorohexidine and betadine too, hahahah.
ended up both of us got injured, LOL ! heng only minor scrapes.

*i zoomed down a slope, wtf got difficulty with back brake and couldnt stop in time.
cannot jam front brake some more cause i'll definitely fly. like superman.
heng cs and pok, who alr reached the bottom, stopped my impending doom.
cs pushed his bike forward to cause a 'collision' and break the speed
then pok tried to haul me out of the mess.
maybe cause i was prepared to crash, but i didnt cut myself as badly as the previous time.
this one was right knee slight scrape, right big toe area scrape,
left third toe and left index finger slight sprained feeling. but on the whole, still fine. :B
( previous one required stitches and couldnt stop bleeding :x )

but nevertheless,
I ENJOYED THE DAY AT UBIN. cause i spent it with some of the people i love most <3


and the day/night continued to get better.
because i reached home, logged on to facebook and saw tt i won an fb like and share contest!
organized by my favourite blogshop, the tinsel rack
been supporting them for awhile now, since october 2010. bloody long eh !

gonna do a short appreciation post to show my love for them laterrrr.
because they really are my favourite. :D

AND BEST OF ALL.
i think i finally got the confirmation i wanted.

kept this secret for some time now, but i told my mom about pok alr.
actually jh leaked it out when confronted, and she didnt get mad or upset or what !
in fact she was like, I KNEW IT, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP.
and then i couldnt deny it (duh), so out came the secret.

so somewhere around march when my dad went genting,
my mom got ahpok to come over for lunch.
and gave me the nod of approval.
HAPPY SHIT ME

but she also warned me not to convert, and tt she intends to tell my dad soon.

and one month later, april, my mom threw the bomb at my dad.
WHICH DIDNT DETONATE. SURPRISINGLY.
wtf i was panicking when jh told me tt he knows.
i even asked her if she wanted to move over t ahma's hse temporarily,
cause i was scared tt he might blame her for keeping such a hugeass secret
turns out to be an unnecessary worry ._.

damn, he didnt throw me out like i initially feared.
he didnt even ignore me, just treated me like normal.
#anti-climax

and today when i officially announced it,
wtf he was even smiling and joking.
HAPPY SHIT ME X 10000.

cant believe that i spent so many years in irrational(?) fear.
all along our plan was to establish ourselves as independent individuals before we told our parents.
this meant finishing our education and establishing our careers,
which we estimated to be 7 years or more.
and in that sense, it would be easier to convince them that there wasnt any problem with interracial r/s.

damn long i know but we were so sure and willing to wait. (:

and i have been craving for this acceptance.
looking at my sister and best friends, i sometimes get this pang of jealousy.
in a sense that, they're able to be accepted by their family. that they dont have to hide or feel guilty.
i wanted to be able to tell my mom any shit abt my bf, but i couldnt. until now at least :D

so today, i'm really very thankful that i finally have the green light from my parents.
thank you mom and dad, for respecting my choice. <3

FOUR YEARS AND FIVE MONTHS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.
*pops champagne*

but please dont expect to receive any red invites yet cause ahpok still has to finish his diploma. HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...