Sunday, October 28, 2012

dreams

a dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.
in dreams you will lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep
have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through
no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

who doesnt have dreams?

since young i've dreamed of being a teacher or a doctor.
there were others too; paramedic, nurse, cook.
but these two were my real and still valid considerations.
actually thinking about it, 3 out of 5 are linked to healthcare, hahah.

family influence is a v strong factor for me :B
i've both heard and witnessed my uncle and aunts' experiences at work.
it inspired me because they helped people at critical moments with their professionalism.
its definitely not about the glory that the job title gives, definitely not.

but this dream is not easy to achieve.

the thing is, i got back my previous module's results today evening, and was happy like crazyyy.
cause with this decisive grade, my GPA finally meets the requirements for Aus medicine school.(!)
at least at this point of time la. :x

so i told myself,
i really need to focus and put in more effort to not just maintain, but try pull it even higher.
and its not going to be easy cause i've heard year three modules are gonna be very taxing.
but i will try my very best; that i promise myself and those who believe in me. :)

and then the very happy me decided to check local med schools to view their entry requirements.
because well, overseas med school will cost a bomb.
local is still bombastic but on a smaller scale. so just see see la.

which was kind of a wrong move. cause it demoralised me quite abit.

seems like smaller bombs has more requirements to fulfill.

lets compare, shall we?

both are postgraduate courses, and require MCAT entrance exams and an interview.
and thats were the similarities end.

Aus MS states the minimum GPA required.
Local MS? omg they dont even state. they just tell you outstanding achievements.
plus testimonials/ reference letters from 3 - 5 mentors highlighting capabilities are needed.

dafuq.

i'm an okay student; i started out really well, but slipped along the way during sec 3.
its kind of a regret for me; i shouldnt have gotten distracted, shouldnt have gotten demoralised.
i should have carried on mugging and not cared about how my marks paled in comparison to others.
i should have continued being a geek :B

i dont regret where it has taken me though,
because i came out a stronger person with my own (sometimes stubborn) principles.
and i've come to meet some of the most important people in my life right now (:

but i just cant help thinking how it would have been less of a war if i hadnt slipped.
how things would have gone if i had performed as what was expected.
how i would have proven my uncle right.
he actually mentioned that he thought i had the potential to go MS, and take over his clinic one day.

it sucks to know that i proved him wrong ):

i can only thank goodness my parents never blamed me for sliding.
they've always trusted us to do our best, to make whatever we can of our abilities. (:

but okay, enough of the what ifs and should haves.
- switches on positive thinking -

when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
anything your heart desires will come to you
if your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme
when you wish upon a star, as dreamers do

must must must grab hold of this opportunity when it is still possible.
must must remember that it is never too late; there's still hope.
must achieve my dream no matter how hard it may take. :D

jiayou jingting! xD


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...