Sunday, March 23, 2014

Nail Polish: My history

One common question people asked me was: how come you're suddenly so addicted to nail polish?

Actually i've been into nail polish since secondary school.
My toenails were always painted, and i was using thefaceshop polishes then.
During the holidays I would definitely paint my nails, heheh.
I guess it was something me and my sister loved about the holidays since young.

When I went on to poly, woah even better. There were no rules on no polish, so hehehe.
I'd be painting really bright colors, then laughing like shit when i saw it under my gloves in lab LOL.


my polish collection's humble beginnings. 


pastel rainbow skittle nails. say no to pink hahahah.

Levon was the one who introduced me to China Glaze.
after hearing her raves i decided to try them. bought it from a sale on gmarket and poof.
the rest is history. :D

first purchases:
Beach Cruise-r , Re-fresh Mint and Manhunt.

My maternal family aggravated my addiction when they bought me 21 bottles for my 21st birthday.
so much win :D


oooOOOOooo nail polish.


nail polish stash as of Feb 2013.

I tried dabbling in nail art, using only dotting tools. 


i started really simple.


first time attempting roses.


i'm proud of my ability to do both hands.
yes these are my own hands.
#ambidextrous #ftw

i still cant write with my left hand hahahah!


nail polish stash as of August 2013.
they're multiplying like rabbits LOLOL.


my favourite designs of 2013.

"my nail polish collection is enough" 
said no woman, EVER.

its really therapeutic to me,
and i love to challenge myself to do more complicated designs,
based on requests from my friends/family.

in fact i did a total of ten sets for CNY.
it was a fun experience. :D

ahpok has even encouraged me to go for a manicurist course,
so that i can actually freelance and charge people for it.
why waste my talent, he said.

i shall consider his suggestion, but for now i'm busy enough. :B

looking forward to more in 2014 ! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...