Thursday, April 03, 2014

Review: Bornprettystore Nail Pens x Monochrome Garden

Feeling moodswingy and bored, so to release some frustration I painted my nails.

I used essence color & go; 144 black is back.
It applied smoothly and was opaque in two coats, but there were slight bubbles when it dried.
Drying time is relatively fast, around 1 minute.


just trimmed my nails into nubs.
every month when i'm on phlebo duty it tends to chip due to the continuous glove use.



Bought this nail art pen (#1) some time ago from BornPrettyStore
Direct link to product here
Simply shake the pen well before using. 
For first time use, you'll have to press the nib down against paper to 'activate' the flow.

I'll recommend to store in an upright position, with tip facing down.
Previously when I stored it tip facing up, the ink/polish flowed backwards.
And it turned out watery and translucent.
I had to shake it super vigorously to make it come out again.


Monochrome.
usually i'm all about brights but today this somehow suited my feelings.
although i felt slightly happier for awhile after seeing the rose and thorns. 

Verdict on the pen?
It is very good to use on fine lines, and when stored properly, the ink/polish flows very well.
The only downside is that it is not fast drying as it claims.
I ended up smudging the rose when I put on my topcoat.. after 5 minutes.
Mind you, everything I drew was one layer only, so it should have dried faster.

Nevertheless I think this is an extremely useful tool for nail art, especially for the fine details. 
It is almost impossible to do such thin lines TWICE
which is what would happen for using normal white polish.
White is never opaque in the first layer.


Get this item (and more) at BornPrettyStore !
Free international shipping!
Use my discount code for 10% discount off the entire order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...