Monday, September 15, 2014

Food Review: Poteato !

Tiong Bahru is the place to go for cafes nowdays.
Aaand because it's so conveniently located near my school 
(and I conveniently had to go back for sunday lab ._.)
Levon recommended that we visit PoTeaTo for brunch beforehand.



PoTeaTo 
78 Yong Siak St
Opening hours:
Tuesdays – Fridays, 12pm – 10.30pm,
Saturdays, 10am – 10.30pm
Sundays, 10am – 9pm.


♥ TEA

PoTeaTo aims to combine the art of pairing food and tea together.
I think its quite an interesting concept, similar to food and wine.

The decor of the place is rustic and cosy.
Very good for hanging out actually.


Awww so cute!
A Hello Kitty styled Maneki neko (fortune cat)
Did you spot the pink makeni neko in the previous pic too? 
Looks like the owner loves cats. (:


Love the raw feel of the place - see the brick wall!


Here's the food menu - unfortunately not all items are available all the time.
Which may kinda suck if you're a late riser, so I suggest you to go early!


Coffee for Levon and Waieng, Iced Chocolate for me!
Drinks were not bad and reasonably priced.
Erms, in terms of coffee art, they don't really put much effort to impress.


Homemade Mushroom and Spinach Quiche, and Salmon Quiche - $6/7
A tea set is also available.
Wai Eng and me ordered this.

It may seem small and pathetic, but quiche, being a potato dish, was really filling!
The quiche is a mix of potato and firm eggish inside, packed with the other ingredients.
quite nice! 

Hmm but the second time I went there, it was temporarily unavailable.
Hopefully its still on the menu.


Salmon Potato Cakes - $15
Levon's!

No complaints, and she was happy about the dish except for one thing:
The two strips of bacon. too small for happiness LOL.

Actually, there's never such thing called enough when it comes to bacon. :D


Photographic evidence that it was good, cause this (usually) picky levon finished it!
FYI my two bffs seldom finish their food unless its really good.
Me? I swallow EVERYTHING. good or bad. :B


ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 不要拍啦!!
her usual reaction when I point my camera her way.


Sweet Potato Fries - $6.20
Waited till 12 pm for this to be available. :D

This was the highlight of the show ! 
I dont usually like sweet potatoes, but this i loveeee.
Slightly salty and mostly sweet (potatoey), this was really addictive.

Please order this instead of the cafe-crazy truffle fries.


First Visit - with Levon and Wai Eng! 
Which was in freaking May btw.


I went there again recently with my sec sch clique.
LOL look at my hair length. like a ghostly long hahahah.


Eggless Chocolate Cake - $7.80
Cloying and too sweet. 

Surprised Minyu with a birthday cake (:


Potato wedges - $5.20
Wedges were nothing out of the ordinary, but the thai sweet chili dip was addictive.
and yes, sweet potato fries still damn nice :D

We tried their desserts cause it was a pretty late lunch!
Actually it was brunch for me at 4pm, cause I had lab beforehand ._.


White Chocolate Cheesecake - $7.50
Quite soft but on the (too) sweet side.

I dont have a very sweet tooth, esp for desserts.
Now Koi is another story. :p.


Green Tea Tofu Cheesecake - $7.50
Love the pretty swirls! like marble nail art LOLOL.
This wasnt as sweet as the white chocolate, 
but we had disagreements on if there was enough green tea flavour.

I thought it balanced out nicely, but jazz and ruiting thought it was too light.



On the overall,
I love the savoury items , but not the dessert, which I felt was slightly overpriced for the quality.
Would definitely go back just to chill, because of the cosy ambience.
Especially if I happen to end class early, hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...