Saturday, October 18, 2014

My #31dc2 .. so far :D

Have you guys heard of the 31 day nail art challenge? :D

Actually no one really remembers when or where it originated from, 
but this year, two of my favourite nail bloggers were involved in organizing #31dc version 2.0.
It's a classic case of same same but different, but I picked 2.0 because I love the prompts more.
Could imagine some ideas already, heheh.

Here's the two challenges if I've piqued your interest!
Usually the challenge is renewed in the month of September every year.



Version 2.0



Version 1.0

Moving on to the nail art I've done for the challenges!
I always try to think out of the box for my ideas, and I appreciate a good challenge for nail art.
Dont want to be conventional. hahah.

Day 1: Red or Orange.

So I thought around the word Red, and invariably I thought of red hair. :D
Fun fact: I've had red hair since the moment I could dye it.
And who other than Ariel, the little mermaid to represent red hair?
Out of the sea, wish I could be, part of your world ~

Day 2: Yellow or Green

Inspired by my NIVEA moisturiser packaging.
I love the contrast of the bright yellow and cobalt blue. :D
Day 3: Blue or Violet

Wanted to play around with textures!
And its hard to pick either color so I incorporated both.

Day 4: Primary or Secondary

I loved this one! 
The basis of all colors is based on primary colors: blue, red and yellow.
Without them we wouldnt have so many colors, 
so I thought of using this to represent their fundamentality.
I took them as paints on canvas, and I'm pretty proud of the effect.

I used nail polish for this one, and it really worked! 
Its able to blend like paints. 


Day 5: Black and White

Used the saran wrap method for this.
Wanted to create a marblized look, and I was quite happy with the effect!
Goes well with my cardigan right? :D

I have this habit to go matchy with my outfits.
Shopaholic x Nailaholic


Day 6: Monochromatic

Monochrome actually means shades of the same color, not exclusively to B&W.
For example, cotton candy pink, light pink, pink, hot pink, dark pink, etc.
So of course I'd honor my favourite color: Blue!

Love love love this set of nails.
I tried a different method to do roses, and I discovered it worked well for large ones.
Smaller roses, not so much.  



Day 7: Metallic

Now this was a fail.
I'd wanted to literally have metal on my nails, in the form of a embossed design.
I chose the Singapore coins, and tried to come up with my own method of embossed nails.
However, the effect was not obvious enough, and didnt photograph very well too.
I was also kinda rushed for time, lol.

This is the one decent shot.
But le bf says it doesnt really resemble the coins.



So this was my submission, which I felt a bit meh about.
Maybe I'll try the metallic embossing technique again next time.


Day 8: Dotticure

Dots are one of the most basic decorations on nails, almost a classic.
I however, didnt want classic.

I used to take freehand drawing as a module during poly,
and one of the lessons was the use of dots as a shading method.

I re-created one of my drawings on my nails. :D


Close-up views of the dotticure and the actual drawing.



Thought I'd also share this ! 
Same concept but shading with spaced stripes.



Day 9: Stripes

Another one where I felt the concept was better than the final product.
Functional Stripes, aka Barcodes!
I need to work more on the spacing and width of the lines,
but hey, I did this on my right hand so I think it was not bad already. :B

And um my colleague asked me why I didnt try scanning them with our scanners. LOL.


Day 10: Animal

OF COURSE I'D DO PENGUIN NAILS. LIKE NO DOUBT.

I've already done a few kinds of penguin nails, 
so I decided to increase difficulty level.

These penguins are from Maplestory, and I really do own xiiaowaddles as a pet in game!
Good times.


/xiiaowaddles poop
and hungry xiiaowaddles!



Just for reminescence's sake I'm showing my past penguin nails





End of nail art updates for now!
Cant wait for the next 21 designs, heheh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...