Monday, October 13, 2014

Review: NIVEA Whitening Happy Shave

Back with another review for NIVEA!

This time, its NIVEA's Whitening Happy Shave :D




Usually I use Dove anti-perspirant spray,
because they have lighter scents, so that my nose doesnt get irritated.
So I'm glad to report that first, the Happy Shave is in a clean and pleasant scent !
It was described as floral, fruity, with the scent of green apple, peach, lily of the valley and jasmine 
To me, it smells like baby powder, hehe.

Why choose this product?

NIVEA's Whitening Happy Shave is the first whitening anti-perspirant,
which means it actually works double-time: keeps fresh and whitens the skin.

Erms, I didn't actually know it till I did my research,
but hair removal due to plucking or shaving the armpits are one of the causes of darkening.
Other reasons may be due to hyperpigmentation and exposure to UV light.
This is due to the melanin pigmentation in the skin.
The skin at the underpit is also thinner than the other areas, hence its more sensitive.
Thankfully I dont have this problem. YET.

So this is where the Happy Shave comes in!

It contains Provitamin B5 and Vitamin C,
which helps to whiten dull skin, and at the same time,
repair the damaged skin cells and reduce skin irritation.

Provitamin B5 is converted into Vitamin B5 after it enters the skin.
It promotes wound healing, and is deeply moisturizes.

Vitamin C protects against free radical damage, inhibits melanin formation,
and helps to promote collagen formation to keep skin firm and smooth.

Happy Shave promises freshness for 48 hours, which is to be honest, too long :x
Can't expect me not to bathe to test it, lol.
I tried the spray for 2 days though.

One of the days was a whole day at work.
I work in a laboratory, so its in an air-conditioned environment.
No sweat issues there, even though I had to pack some stocks.

Another day is a half day at work, and subsequently the rest of the day out.
Walked around *scape, but also no sweaty issues even though the place was crowded.

So yes, it is indeed able to keep you effectively fresh and clean for a full day!
Of course, do keep in mind the different body chemistries which would cause the effect to vary.
The scent didn't last that long though, but it was expected due to its lightness.

The Happy Shave also promises to produce whitening results in 2 weeks,
and with less irritation and redness when you uh, defuzz the armpits.
Another test which I was unable to carry out due to time contraints.
I will update when I see results!

Interested to try the NIVEA's Whitening Happy Shave?

Click here to redeem your free sample from Samplestore.com!

Together with your free sample,
you will receive a brochure to pose with for the Instagram contest.
(yes NIVEA loves social media, hahahah)

Tell us how you can now raise your arms with confidence,
and pose with your signed brochure to enter the NIVEA Happy Shave Contest!
Include the hashtags: #NIVEAsg #NIVEADeoSg #HappyShave

The Best Instagram review will win shopping vouchers worth $400,
and there are 2 NIVEA hampers worth $100 to be won as well.

In case you fall in love with the Happy Shave,
it is sold at all leading personal care stores and supermarkets.
Roll-on format is $4.90, and the spray is $9.10.

My penguin loves it!




(I'm too shy to air my pits, so xiiaowaddles volunteered for me.
 I cant resist his pleading eyes and the sincerity in his face)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...