Friday, March 27, 2015

Review: My Beauty Diary Black Obsidian Moisturizing Black Mask

I believe My Beauty Diary 我的美麗日記 series of face masks needs no fancy introduction!

My Beauty Diary is a leading Taiwanese skincare brand, founded in 2004.
It is popular in Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong.

They have recently launched a new line of masks - the Black Mask range.
So what's new about the masks, other than packaging ?

The mask sheet itself has been pumped up with Cosphingo™, 
a specially patented and unique ingredient which has super moisturizing properties.
High quality cotton fibers from Japan are used to weave the masks, ensuring smooth comfort.

One of the reasons why their masks are so popular is the fit of the masks.
Not only does it contours the face, it extends to your neck area too!
We often neglect that, and it usually leads to fine lines.

Yay for a face + neck mask, makes our money worthwhile :D

Formula-wise, the mask range features the 3D Hyaluronic acid and Yeast Compound.

3D Hyaluronic acid is a deeply hydrating ingredient,
and its unique structure also forms a protective film over the skin, to allow moisture retention.

Yeast compound aids in tightening and regulation of  skin tone.
It also acts to soothe fatigue skin, giving it a glowing and velvety smooth complexion.

There are three types available of masks, meant for hydration, brightening, or firming.

I received the Black Obsidian Moisturizing Black Mask to try!
It is suitable for normal skin types, and functions to deeply hydrate skin.


To achieve deep hydration, what does it entail?
The mask must aim to be nourishing, hydrating, moisturizing and illuminating.

The ingredients in the Black Obsidian Mask work together to achieve those four targets.

French Black Obsidian - a type of healing stone - is rich in trace elements and minerals,
and boosts skin's protection and hydrating power.
Laminaria digitata - brown algae - and sugar maple combine to deliver intense hydration, even to the deep layers.
Other hydro-packed ingredients include bladder wrack seaweed, aloe vera, and hydrolyzed jojoba,
as well as calendula, licorice, and ruscus aculeatus extracts to soothe dry and irritated skin.

What's best about the formula, is that it does not contain any harmful paraben preservatives, alcohol, mineral oil, pigments and fluorescent agents.
This makes it suitable for all skin types, even those with sensitive skin. (Y)

Eh okay let's get to the actual product review!

The Black Masks series retails at $16.50 for a pack of 5, and is available at Guardian, Sasa and Watsons.
You can purchase the masks online from Nature's Mart too; delivery is free for orders above $50.


Mine was kindly sent by Sample Store for my honest opinions.

Before putting on the mask, I made sure to cleanse my face first !
Nyehyackkk, recent pimples on my forehead and nose.


Upon opening the packet, I first noticed the smell of the contents.

It's a pleasant scent, a mix of diluted rose and soap.
Yeah, I'm quite sensitive to strong smells, so this is a plus point for sure.

I was quite wowed by the softness of the mask too !
No kidding, it's so soft, I was worried about accidentally tearing it.
You know the super soft cotton material that Uniqlo loves to seduce buyers with?
The kind you touch and immediately feel like buying cause it's sooo comfy.
Exactly that.

And it really does fit snugly to your skin.
Eh but slightly too tight, cause my face feels like it's wearing skinny jeans.

HAHAHAH I took a selfie to show le boyfriend.
I look (and feel) like a bank robber LOLOL.


GIMME YOUR MONEY.

I'm typing out my post as I'm masking, and seriously, so far I'm impressed.

I actually forgot to pop the box into the fridge beforehand (which I usually do for my masks),
so I had no choice but to apply the mask at room temperature.
However, I can still feel a cooling sensation on my skin, as if it is really drinking in the formula.

Of course, the science student in me also says that the feeling is probably attributed to the moisture evaporating off.. #scienceFTW.

After 20 minutes, here's my liberated face.
It's obviously brighter than the robber picture. LOL.


#nofilter #BanishThemPimples.

Okay la serious.

After I peeled off the mask, my skin felt slightly sticky, but that feeling went away after awhile.
There was no residual tight feeling on my face too.

I'll recommend this as a once a fortnight mask, for combination skin like mine. (:

Harness the power of social media (and mystical black for fair and radiant skin)! #adslogan :B

Redeem a free single pc sample of the Black Obsidian Moisturizing Black Mask, worth $3.95 !

Like the My Beauty Diary Sg Facebook Page, and click on the 'More' tab.
Select 'Black Mask Group Redemption' to join the group deal.

This is limited to the first 1,000 entries, so faster go join!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...