Sunday, January 08, 2017

JGR - Reflections for 2016

Let's see..


2016

#1
Travels summed up in hashtags:
#ZouSanKitties
#buddingyeastinJP (First trip to Japan!!)
#ngfamilyjapan2016

Yup I'm still intending to go back to Japan LOLOL.
Not in 2017 la, but omg I love it there so damn much.
Food. People. Places. Weather. All so perfect!
(Except when I got my shoes wet and the wind was blowing omg colddddd)

Definitely want to experience it with pok the next time!

#2
Performed my first ever contemporary dance piece in 9 years!
Actually if I don't count my cca concerts in school, it'll be my first dance concert ever hahahah.

It wasn't an easy journey for me to get back into the swing of things, amidst my busy schedule.
Burnt up a lot of Tuesdays (5 months of training), going for 3 hours of consecutive classes + rehearsals.
And it's not like I'm a fast learner - I had to practice at home and after rehearsals to try and rmb moves.

My fellow dancers also made the entire experience enjoyable too, cause they were all really friendly and encouraging.
I definitely appreciated those who were there to help me spot my mistakes and improve.

People might think its a matter of talent, but other than that, it's a lot of blood, sweat and tears too.
You definitely need stamina to be able to move across a large stage.
So other than Tues, I went for 2 hour sessions on whichever days I was free.

Plus, I had to maintain my figure to squeeze into the costume HAHAHAH.

Really gotta thank my loved ones for supporting me and being so understanding.
Especially pok hahahah, cause I neglected him a lot, particularly so nearer to concert day.

The exhilaration and sense of achievement after completing my 3 min onstage perfectly is priceless.
Definitely would do it again!

#3
Went thru my old reflections and rants before starting this,
and oh man, sometimes I think I sibei emotional hahahah!

I guess it's the way I manage my feelings
I tend to keep it all inside until some trigger point blows me up.
And people who don't know me think I'm overreacting.
Kind of unhealthy in a sense.. but I think it also makes my tolerance better?

Sorry you passerbys :B
i've realised that my efforts are not always appreciated.but i also do know that i will keep trying when i should.because i want to do what i feel like, and what i think is right.
This still rings true, because no matter how hard I try to not care,
there are times where I feel no one gives a shit to my efforts or my feelings, be it family or friends.

Just because I'm easygoing, does not equate to stepping over me, capisce?

Because I don't think its easy to make me angry - mostly I find it easy to ignore people whom I don't give a shit to.
It is more hurtful when it comes from those whom I had expected to know me better. I think.

Don't think it's double standard to expect understanding from people whom I understand right?

Despite this, I still find myself forgiving them easily - especially if they are super important to me.
Provided that they don't keep doing it again la, hahahaha.

#4
I won't say I made progress with pok's family, but at least I tried.
His mom is still super against me, but at least his dad and younger sis are supportive.
Still.. I thought it was pretty fucked up and rude to have her behave like that at pok's graduation :x

#5
But who cares, because BTO liao hahahahahah.

We haven't even gotten our queue number yet, just applied!
Yet it still seems kind of surreal to me that pok would even agree when I asked.

It's like.. And at last I see the light~

Yes obviously I'm the one asking cause I wear the pants HAHAHA.

But omg it was actually my dad who kept pestering us to apply for the Bedok project, LOL.
Didn't know he wanted us out of the house so badly hiakhiak.

So exhilarated that we are finally taking concrete steps.. and I can finally dare to dream about the future.

So for 2017, here's what I hope for..

#1
My loved ones to be happy and healthy.
All the material enjoyments really won't matter unless you're healthy.

#2
Great performance appraisal! #sponsorshipcometomama

Actually as of now I've progressed on to Blood Bank liao, which is another small step in my career.
Excited to learn new stuff heheheh!

#3
Good news for the BTO exercise.
And for Jh and Bowei too!!

Everyday check email and mailbox hahahahhah.

#4
More awesome experiences with my bffs!
So glad that I have my small yet fulfilling social circle - because I really don't have time for too many people hahahahaha.

It's already so hard to arrange meetups with my #bitchstand!
I'm more than happy to just have a meal, though bwahahah we will ambitious and try for dessert also LOLOL
Eh.. Is this considered legit Happy Meal? :B

Also, looking forward to Korea with my kats!
Bowei Pok and CJ will be tagging along too, teehee I can't wait!!

#5
More time to do manicures.. omg I miss squinting and painting all those tiny details hahahaha.
Even Bimb also bo bian have to sign up for manicure package outside liao, cause I'm never free anymore.

#6
Perform again!
Contemplating to try ballet or jazz this time, but I love Contemp.. #decisionsdecisions
Don't tell me do both la, where got time :x

#7
Better emotional management?
I need to expect lesser of people to not get disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...