Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Review: BornPrettyStore Nail Foil & Stickers :D

Today, I have items from BornPrettyStore.com for review :D

All items were sent to me for my honest opinions. :)



Holographic nail foil (#4) & 3D Nail stickers. :D


For my base I used #Essence Pro White Nail Base. 
It's currently my favourite cause it protects against staining.


Bling bling holo! #ilovesparkly 


This is the matte side of the foil, which should be applied to the nail.

My application method:
1. I cut out a portion of the foil, slightly bigger than my nail.
2. Apply polish, then wait around 30 seconds to 1 minute for polish to become semi-dry.
3. Use a tapping motion to adhere the foil to the nail. A little pressure should be applied, but be careful not to smear or shift the polish.

I had tried to smoothen and press the entire piece to my nail, but it didn't adhere nicely and I got patchy areas, so I find the tapping method better.

If your polish dries before you've finished tapping the entire nail, no worries! Just dab the bare area with abit of base coat and wait awhile before tapping.

Also, DO NOT APPLY SECHE VITE as a finish. That was a fatal mistake because once I did, the entire holographic foil melted and became just silver foil. 

Unfortunately this means that chipping is unavoidable. My foil nail lasted only a day.

I don't have other brands of top coats, so I'm unable to tell if it's the same, 

but some nail bloggers have advised against adding top coats too. 
If you know of those top coats which work, please let me know! :)



Close up of the silver nail stickers !

These are extremely sticky, which is both good and bad, cause
a. It's long lasting and won't come off easily
b. You can't make mistakes during application. Trying to lift it off the nail is impossible. :/

I would advise you to plan ahead on placement. The stickers come on a transparent plastic sheet so make use of that to estimate arrangement. :)

For trimming of the stickers to fit the nail, my tip is to use regular nail clippers for a more natural curve :D



Taaadaa. The final product .

I used #Orly Jealous, Much? as base for pointer and pinky, and #OPI Havent the Foggiest for middle and ring finger.

The border for the stickers were slightly visible in person, so I went over the border with the base coat, using fine brushes.

In my opinion, I still prefer freehanding my patterns, because it's quite time consuming to use the stickers.

I love the foil though! Though the initial melting was quite saddening, it was easy to redo and the sparkly was worth it. :D



If you're interested in trying out the foils and stickers, visit www.bornprettystore.com
Use the discount code JNJX31 for a 10% off total bill. They offer free international shipping :D


Another #manicure I did with the holographic foil.

This features #SayuriNailLacquer Lolita, over #OPI I vant to be a lone star. This was to celebrate Sayuri's first anniversary. I love their awesome glitter combos. :D

In fact, cause it's their first birthday, meimeisignatures is having sales for all of Sayuri's polishes, at $14 per bottle. 
Free local shipping for Singapore! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...