Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Food Review: Ah Loy Thai

Ah Loy Thai actually needs no introduction, 
so I'll just be sharing my favourites which i always order :D



Thai Milk Tea - $2.20

Got seriously addicted to this ever since my first visit to Bangkok.
Its a blend of strong milk tea, with condensed milk and a mix of spices.
Once in a while when I have sweet cravings, this is one of the remedies. 


Pad Thai - $7.00

Traditional Thai dish. 
Thin kway teow stir fried with lots of shallots, beansprouts, egg, beancurd, 
topped with peanuts, prawns AND tiny shrimp.

I recently ate at Downtown East's Basil Inn and it sucked.
The super popular Nakhon Kitchen's also failed to impress me.

Love Ah Loy Thai's most.


Tom Yam Seafood - $7.50
Prawn/Fish/Chicken also available at $8.50
which is actually a bit weird cause I thought seafood would be more expensive usually.

one word - shiok.


Fried Calamari with Butter - $8.90

my one true love :D
I dont usually love seafood but I always order this !
The squid is always nicely chewy and batter is just right.
The butter fragrance is also super tantalising. NOMS.

Ah Loy Thai has two branches:

Ah Loy Thai - Shaw Towers
100 Beach Rd, #01-39/40, Singapore 189702
Opened 12 pm to 8 pm on weekdays, 1 pm to 7 pm on weekends.
Closed on public holidays

Ah Loy Thai - Tampines
Tampines Mall, #B1-K17
Opened 9 am to 9 pm

I have visited both branches and the standard of the food is quite consistent.
It is not stated in the opening hours, but I do know they close for a while in the late afternoon,
presumably to prepare for the dinner rush hour.
So please avoid going there around 4 -5 pm to avoid disappointment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...