Thursday, May 29, 2014

Food Review: Saizeriya

Bimb came across this ^ list online some time ago :D
Its an awesome list because it's been so super helpful in choosing places for dinner!

Especially when my bffs are so picky sometimes.
Ask them what to eat, they'd say anything.
Anything except fast food and anything recent they've eaten. LOL.
#firstworldproblems

But sometimes they do give in to my cravings too. :3

Anyway, because we happened to be in the town area, we picked #3. Maki San to try.
Sadly the queue was too long and we couldnt afford to wait.
So we switched to Saizeriya.

Saizeriya serves Italian food at affordable prices, featuring pizza, pasta, baked rice and desserts.
A word of warning though, the serving size is decent enough but well.. what you pay is what you get.
Honestly its not enough for a glutton in a good mood.

*All prices are nett and taken from their website



Mushroom soup - $2.90

Just the right amount of thickness, with finely chopped mushroom chunks.
Worth the price but I wanted more. Slurps. 


Potato Omelette - $3.90
Appetiser we ordered to share - thankfully.

I expected this to come in a sort of hashed potato/rostii style, 
but it arrived to confuse and disappoint me.

Its simply a mish-mash of sliced skin-on potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, and corn,
all baked together in a egg mixture.

And the bacon was overcooked, and therefore quite hard. meh.


Salmon Doria - $5.90
My main dish.

Decently yummy, but the smoked salmon got really heavy on my taste buds near the end.
Super salty - and my tolerance is usually quite good.

Le two bffs had the same thing: Pork with Black Pepper / Cheese Chicken Steak.
Didnt snap a photo because Levon was annoying any camera with her two fingers, HAHAH.
But according to both of them, it was so-so only.
The pork was similar to stir-fried shabu-shabu pork slices.



Overall, the food was all affordably priced, and the serving size was justifiable.
However, the quality of the dishes left much to be desired.
I guess I cant expect much for such prices.
Dont think I would return in the near future actually.


Saizeriya is located in a few malls:
City Square Mall
Bukit Timah Plaza
Toa Payoh Central
Liang Court
Hougang 1
The Cathay (which I visited)



Le two picky but still lovable bffs. hehehe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...