Friday, May 02, 2014

Food Review: Ramen Keisuke Tori King




100 Tras St ( AM 100 Building)
Singapore 079027
Nearest MRT: Tanjong Pagar, just 10 mins away

Ramen Keisuke has been long known for its yummy and affordable ramen.
Its first store is actually their signature Tonkatsu King, where their soup base is based on pork bones
For Tori King, the soup base is solely from chicken.
That's why I managed to convince le boyfriend to give it a try.
At least he can finally know how 'authentic' ramen tastes like. :D



store exterior. 


inside!
i love how the whole store gives the very Japanese vibe ^.^


the order slip 

Ordering is quite straightforward here.
There are 3 types of flavours available; Original, Black Spicy (Pepper), Green Spicy (Wasabi)
And from there, pick the kind of toppings for the ramen.
Each would come with a marinated chicken thigh + the ingredient selected.
All toppings would include seaweed, flavoured egg (!) and a slice of chashu pork.

I like the flexibility where they customise each bowl to customers' preference.
Flavour, the amount of oil, and the noodle texture.

During my first visit, I chose Normal for the oil level, and it was um, too oily. 
Because combined with the richness of the soup, it was slightly too cloying and I got sick of it.
So for the second visit, I chose Less oil, which was much better!



free flow beansprouts and hard boiled eggs!


proud of my nicely peeled egg. heheh.


went with pok's friends.
look at le bf pouting cause his egg didnt turn out smooth. hahah.


my gigantic bowl of all toppings ramen!

Next time I return, I'm gonna order just the flavored egg. My ultimate fav topping ^.^
MELTY EGG YOLK OMNOMNOM.
The chicken thigh is awesome too! Its really tender and full of flavour.

The chashu slice just keeps disappointing me, being really nothing more than just a slice of pork.
Last time I went, it was even slightly uncooked :/
Maybe because I've grown to love the melt in your mouth texture of Ramen Play's.
Their Charsiu Tonkotsu Ramen (D4!!) still is the best :D

My verdict? I'll definitely come back!
Even if I dont, pok is definitely dragging me back here, no doubt.
I mean, just look at his satisfied face.


Can be spokesperson already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...