Saturday, May 03, 2014

Food Review: The Burger Bar by Fatboy's concepts



14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza
#01-16A/B
Opened 12 pm to 10 pm daily.

Presenting me and pok's favourite place for a good burger!
Located conveniently at FEP, one of me and bimb's favourite places to shop for shoes hehe.
For everything else it's still Bugis Street. :B

What's different about the burger bar is that it allows you to build your own burger!
Choose everything, from the buns to the sauce.
You'll be spoilt for choice cause there are so many options.
Eg. for just the bun, you can choose sesame, wholemeal, honey oat, or brioche.
Sounds abit like Subway right. ;p

Its pretty simple, cause you can order step by step using the iPads.
Just keep an eye on the price, cause the first time I went there I got overexcited..
My burger and sides came up to around $19. @.@
But so worth it!


Tap and order, then tell the cashier the order number. Easy.
Please click here for a list of their options; prices subject to change.


my customized burger + mozarrella cheese sticks with aioli dip!


Worth a miss because once they cool, the whole thing is super hard.
The cheese becomes chewy and stringy, but not in the shiok way. :/


The fries was so much nicer.


I always order the chicken patty, with the sesame seed bun.
Their buns are super fluffy and soft, love it.
Pok loves the brioche bun.

I've tried both the portobello mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms too, on different occasions.
I'd say to go for the portobello mushroom, 
cause even though its slightly pricier, the intense flavour is worth it for shroom lovers like me. :D

Favourite cheese has got to be cheddar. Actually any cheese is like heaven.

OH and I loved putting sundried tomatoes into my burger. 
wahhhhh its more than just tomatoes, cause its more tangy. :D

Unfortunately bacon in the burger doesnt make me extra happy cause it was quite burnt.
Didnt include it the second time.


Photo credited to http://thankyouforthefoodweeat.wordpress.com

A word of caution regarding the seating area!
The space is very limited, and there is only two tables and a L-shaped bar facing the walls.
So I wouldnt recommend going with a large group, especially not during peak hours.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the overall place.
The variety offered is sure to please even the pickest eaters (ahem),
and the ingredients are definitely of good quality.
So what you see, is what you get. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...