Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Review: Essie Bouncer It's Me

I've found the perfect cobalt blue on my nails !
Essie's Bouncer It's Me, from the Neon 2013 collection.

This awesome neon polish is jelly based, so it requires a few coats (and some patience) to apply.
I used a white base to bring out the full neon of the polish :D
My favourite white is China Glaze: White on White. 



This is one coat of BIM on two coats of white.
As expected with jellies, it is slightly streaky, so apply a thin coat first.


Three coat opacity.
I AM IN LOVE. ELECTRIC BLUE BABY!

It really takes a lot of time to apply because of the multiple coats involved, 
but the shade of cobalt blue is so pretty and worth it.
It dries off to a satin matte finish, so top coat should be applied to make it glossy.

On my second application, I tried skipping a second coat of white to cut the time.
It turned out a shade darker, like a bright indigo blue. Sort of similar to China Glaze Manhunt.


One coat white + three coats BIM.
Still neon but really darker.
Next time, I'm not skipping the second coat. :x


April is Autism Awareness month and the nail community celebrated it with #bluenailsforautism
This was my design for the event. 
With the accent nail representing the jigsaw ribbon for autism. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...