Saturday, February 14, 2015

Swatches - Basic colors Part II !

I'm back with Part II !
Seriously considering if I should even start on the glitters, 
because it's damn hard to remove and I'll probably kill my nails.

We'll see.

China Glaze - Electric Beat
2 regular coats. No issues whatsoever!
Dusty blue-leaning periwinkle


China Glaze Bahamian Escape
1 slightly thick coat, due to its consistency.
Azure sky blue


China Glaze - Man Hunt
2 slightly thick coats
Navy blue crelly texture, dries slightly matte.


Essie - Bouncer It's Me
3 thin coats are needed for opacity, jelly polish which dries with a matte finish.
Apply carefully as there it is slightly streaky.

In the bottle its a bright cobalt blue, but you need a white base to get the true color.
Index and middle finger has no white base, Ring and pinky has 1 coat of white.
Index and pinky is the matte finish, Ring and pinky has has top coat.


China Glaze - I Sea the Point
2 regular coats, but you can get away with 1 coat if careful.
A true cobalt blue with slight matte finish

China Glaze - Sunday Funday
2 thin coats. Very watery and tends to flood cuticles, so be careful.
Medium blue.


China Glaze - Creative Fantasy
Issues are similar to Bouncer Its Me.
Neon jelly polishes tend to be like that actually;
they need more love and patience, but I find the bright color worth it.

3 thin coats are needed for opacity, jelly polish which dries with a matte finish.
Apply carefully as there it is slightly streaky.

In the bottle its a bright cobalt blue, but you need a white base to get the true color.
Index and middle finger has 1 coat of white base, Ring and pinky has no base.


Another major issue I had with this polish, was the fact that the color had changed over time.
Not sure if I was unlucky and got a bad batch,
but I had the same issue with another polish from the same collection (Cirque de Soleil).
I've given up on that one (Hanging in the Balance), because the color is not unique.

Look at the difference between the new and the old bottle.


Index and pinky is the correct shade - with / without white base.
Middle and ring is the mutant shade - with / without white base.


China Glaze - Urban Night
2 thin coats.
A deep plum creme, almost black.


Color Club - Disco Dress
2 thin coats, slightly watery.
Neon purple crème, slightly similar to Creative Fantasy.


China Glaze - Skyscraper
3 thin coats, slightly streaky on first coat.
Dark indigo jelly with silver shimmer.


China Glaze - In a Lily Bit
2 thin coats, streaky on first coat but evens out. slightly watery.
Light purple pastel, almost pink.


OPI - Pink Friday
2 regular coats, slightly streaky on first coat only.
Light pink creme.


Here's a comparison shot between Pink Friday (Index and Middle) and In a Lily Bit (Ring and Pinky)
You can see the purple tone for In a Lily Bit from here.


China Glaze - Surreal Appeal
2 regular coats
Coral Pink.


OPI - I Think in Pink
3 coats for visible color.
Forget about reaching full opacity with this jelly shade! VNL will be seen unless you apply a white base
Soft light pink.


OPI - You're Such a Buda-Pest
2 thin coats, slightly streaky on first coat
Purple leaning periwinkle with slight shimmer.


China Glaze - Street Chic
2 thin coats, slightly watery.
A milk chocolate brown.


OPI - My Vampire is Buff
2 thin coats, slightly watery.
A cool-toned nude creme, like panna cotta.


OPI - Nude
3 thin coats for visible color, VNL seen.
2 thick coats for partial opacity, some VNL seen.
A nude jelly.


So yupp, these are some of the basic shades I use for nail art!
I say most cause I realised I forgot about black and white.. HAHAH.

For black, I use Essence Black is back.
Doesn't dry too fast, so it's good for nail art detailing.
That's not a good sign if you want to use it for base though.

Cirque's Black has also had good reviews,
but I haven't had the chance to purchase it yet *waiting for sale :B*

For white, I use a brand which I found in Seoul, Korea.
Its quite opaque on first coat, and not streaky, super rare for a white!
With regards to drying time, its good for both nail art and base.
Makes me want to go back and stock up :xxx

Hope it has been useful !

*All nail polishes purchased by myself*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...