Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Hong Kong Travelogue 2016 - #ZouSanKitties: Day One

Yes I went back to HK again !
This time with my favourite cats, whom I've had more than a decade of friendship with.


HAHAH technically one of them is my own younger sister,
but I'm grateful because we didn't actually use to be close. #teenagerproblems :x 

Anyway, its funny how I keep going back to HK, when usually people fly to BKK for multiple trips.
I miss Bangkok lor!
It holds so many memories for me, being the first trip with my family that me and jh organised,
and another first trip with taupok after 6 years together.
Unfortunately it's not very safe for travel now. :/

Flew there via Jetstar - needed to utilise jh's travel voucher from a previous flight cancelation.
Mehhh no SIA ):


Got to my favourite area for accommodation, Kowloon, via the Airport bus!
For detailed directions please refer to my post last year, cause nothing has changed.

I love Kowloon area because there are shops which open till late, compared to HK Island.
Specifically, Mongkok area is the best, being an MTR interchange station, so its pretty easy to travel.
And also cause got cold noodles OM NOM NOM.

However, their hotels are generally smaller.
Do not expect super spacious rooms in HK for a low price!
Seriously what you pay is what you get.
Agoda is my to-go website for hotel bookings, because they state the dimensions of the room hahaha.

This time, we stayed at M1 Hotel, Yau Ma Tei.
Super convenient - 2 min walk from Yau Ma Tei MTR Exit C


M1 Hotel
28 Portland Street 
28 砵蘭街 

The room is reasonably sized as well, with a queen sized bed and a single day bed set up near the vanity mirror area.
If not for the day bed, I think the room would have been very spacious for two guests.
The best thing is, there are sofa seats at the window area, which we used as luggage parking space.
Shiok la, more floor space to walk around hahah.


Toilet was big and very clean too.
A must when you're traveling with jh or bimb, hahahaha.
So long as the toilets pass their inspection you know its a good hotel LOLOLOL.


Bought our SIM cards at Apliu Street Flea Market - Sham Shui Po Exit C2
I couldn't find the exact shop that Levon recommended,
but no worries because they have loads of carts selling different plans.
Just compare a few and decide on which is most suitable.

First stop, Tim Ho Wan!
Both these two cats haven't been to the original THW in HK, so its a definitely must go.
Brought them to the original store at Fuk Wing St., the same one I went with Levon.


BTW there are a lot of repeats on this trip, so I'll just link back to the first visit's :B

Jh was mindblown by the awesomeness that was the Crispy Char Siew Bun 酥皮叉燒包.

Me and Sai were like, om nom nom everything LOL.
#truegluttons vs #connoisseurmouth

Case in point.


My favourite is still the Steamed Egg Cake!
So soft and fluffy and fragrant with the brown sugar scent.

Happy cats.

Mongkok shopping to burn them calories! :D
Shiok la I bought super cheap sheet masks from Innisfree to try them out at the hotel at night.
That's why I love Korea, Taiwan and HK, heheh.

Ironically we also bought our 百味 cold noodles as a snack.
But omg so angry because this super rude aunty messed up my order.
Tell her 5 ingredients she gave me only 3, and still dare to say she has alr put it in wtf.

Yes I know HK service is not friendly but this is the worst shit I've gotten.
T.T my taughey..

Next stop, dinner. Back at Four Seasons Claypot!
As usual there's a long queue for this so we got busy taking ootds and selfies :B

When you go out with a graphic designer you get chio photos like this.


Four Seasons Claypot Restaurant 四季煲仔飯
46 Arthur Street 鴉打街
Yau Ma Tei MTR 油麻地 Exit C, walk straight and turn left into alley.

Opening Hours:
5.30 am – 12 mn Daily

And your ootd shots turn out like this.
Pearlyn: "好有黃靖惠的feel哦!"

Which means more blue, less orange, contrast, and NO CROPPING WHY YOU CROP.
so fierce.


I've been missing this! Oyster omelette - it's unlike any you've eaten before in Sg.
Super crispy, slurps.


Ordered two bowls - Salted fish and Chicken + Lup Cheong and Sliced Pork.
Don't think Jh was too impressed by this, but I'll still come back for the omelette. :B


And yes we went Yee Shun Milk Company 義順牛奶公司 for the steamed milk 馳名雙皮燉奶, cause it's just around the corner!
Why not, since all meals require dessert to round it off ma. :B

I likey milk puddinggggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...