Friday, July 01, 2016

Review: Korean Beauty Products

Short review on some of the new Korean beauty products that I've tried!
Mostly ordered from Althea when I was their beta tester.

Laneige's Multiberry Yoghurt Pack - 80 ml, and I got it for $25.20

The yoghurt pack promises to hydrate, promote collagen synthesis, and exfoliate skin.
It contains multiberry extracts for an antioxidant effect too.


I was soooo mindblown because it really smells like a tub of berry yoghurt.
The texture too! Felt like I was smoothing real yoghurt on my face. Not that I've tried la, hahaha.

No wonder the instructions said "Do not eat"


Spread a thin layer on after washing your face and using toner. Avoid the eye area!
I do have to say that the first 30 seconds it feels kinda uncomfortable, like I have something realllly sticky slathered on..
Gets better after awhile, you can sorta feel it melting into your skin. 

Wash off with warm water after 5 to 10 minutes and you're done!
My skin feels really fresh and there's really a slight bounce which lasts throughout the night.

Laneige recommends to use the Multiberry Yoghurt Pack twice a week.
However, due to the creamy texture, it might be overkill for those with oily skin.
Once a week or every two weeks might be better.


No idea why is it called pig nose seriously. It is usually termed strawberry nose leh..

Anyway, got this because I was curious about how it's different from the usual pore packs.
I have tiny blackheads on the sides of my nose - not very obvious but they're stubborn.

 

All of the information printed on the back is in Korean, so here are the usage details.


Step 1 is supposed to open up your pores for easier exfoliation.
Step 2 is the actual pore pack. Super sticky!
Step 3 acts like a pore minimizer, for after you've ripped removed the pore pack.

Both Step 1 and 2 nose masks were like sheet masks, while Step 3 was like a gel mask.

I can't say this product was helpful to me, because I didn't see much removed dirt on the pore pack.
My stubborn blackheads were still stubborn too, despite the claims of Step 1 to help in opening pores.

It did work for some beauty bloggers, so maybe it's just not the right pig.. I mean, pack for me.

Now this is the right one for me.

I ever went for a complimentary facial treatment once; 
and the consultant told me that I had slightly dried out skin and might want to think about changing my cleanser.

Recognized that as a sales pitch so I told her I'll think about it.
Like nooo I'm not spending any money, this is supposed to be free LOLOL.

Okay so previously, I was just using my sisters' Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser - for oily skin and acne.
Afterall, my skin type was combi and I was prone to breakouts on the forehead, nose and chin so I thought it was okay.

Then I read some reviews about this cleansing foam and I thought why not,
since Innisfree's Green Tea series is really popular and has different products catering to each skin type.

For those who're wondering, its a smooth cream type cleanser, and it doesn't actually 'foam up'.
I loveeeee the light and fresh green tea scent too!

Like woahhh I can feel the difference in a week.
Because my skin actually became less oily at the forehead areas, and I had lesser breakouts.
Might be a sign that puberty is really over and i'm not that young anymore LOLOL,
but seriously since then I haven't had gigantic pimples on my nose anymore.
Only once a month (ahem) do I get one enormous hormonal pimple either on forehead or chin.

I now have 3 bottles stocked up in my storeroom hahahah.

Skin Food Wash Off Masks - $8 each 
I got the Rice Mask and Black Sugar Mask.

Pearlyn got me to buy this for her when I went Korea, so I decided to try it for myself!

 

The Rice Mask moisturizes and brightens your skin tone, while the Black Sugar exfoliates and nourishes.

With regards to usage, both are very different!

For the Rice Mask, you should use it after cleansing and drying your face.
Avoiding the eye and mouth area, massage gently for 10 to 15 min before washing off.

I know righttttt, so jialat need to rub for 10 mins..
The grains of the mask is quite fine, and it really smells of rice water. 

For the Black Sugar Mask, also use it after cleansing, but! you can mix the mask with water or toner to reduce skin irritation.
Avoiding the eye and mouth area, massage gently and leave it for 10-15 min before washing off.

The grains are coarser and gives you more of the scrub feel than the Rice Mask.
There's this slight warmth, which is normal and supposedly opens your pores to allow better absorption of nutrients.

Quite shiok la massage with facial scrub once in awhile.
I love the Black Sugar one more than the Rice, well, because I can leave it on LOLOL.

Yes I'm quite a fan of deep cleansing I know :x


The gel smells great, with a tangy and slightly sweet green apple scent that I love. 
Ahem, abit like DKNY Be Delicious, the only perfume I heheh. (walao perfume also smell like food)

It has a brief fine, sandy texture when rubbed into skin, which assists in exfoliation.
You should expect it to melt into your skin, producing the white clumps of dead skin and dirt we love to see get washed away.

I actually have mixed feelings about this.

You know how super liberated it feels like, when there are lots of white clumps produced?
The more clumps there are, the happier, cause you're removing it (even though the amount scares you LOL)

The first time I used the gel, I was so happy because my T-zone and chin had so many clumps. Like yay I'm cleaning my pores successfully!
What's more impressive is that my cheeks almost had nothing on them,
which led me to believe that the gel really works at targeting dirt, and it's not just friction causing the clumps to form.

Sorry la, science student, what do you expect?

However, for the subsequent times I used it, there were NO clumps at all. 
Like wut I'm not that clean leh, cause I can still see some stubborn blackheads present hahah.
Maybe it's cause I also changed my cleanser?
But oh well. :x

Omg I still have a two more Laneige items to share, and one of my current favourite brands for sheet masks too. 
Sounds like I keep buying leh wut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...