Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Food Review: Pompompurin Cafe!

OMG YAY POMPOMPURIN CAFE.
So happy that this is a permanent fixture!
I actually didn't know that Pompompurin was popular enough to get its own cafe, :x

Came on a weekday evening with Levon and Bimb!
The queue formed just right after we joined, damn heng hahaha.


Pompompurin Cafe
181 Orchard Road #04-08, 
Orchard Central

Opening hours: 
11 am to 10 pm Daily

Sneak peek at the menu ! 
I think its a good idea for them to place it there - at least customers can decide what to eat while waiting.

Also, there's a special menu which changes every month, and right now its Christmas!
Ahhh so adorable, I want to go :B


Topiary of Pompom and his hamster friend Muffin!
Got Levon to "siam" so that I could take the photo HAHAH I kena scolded for that word.


Grand menu sia :B


Each dish is around $20, more or less.
Some of the items had beef so I couldn't try it :x
I haven't tried the desserts so far!

This is more or less the fixed menu.


This greets you the moment you walk in!
 

Introducing.. Whip the Penguin.
HAHAHAHAH WHAT A NAME, WHIP?! 
I mean, I get it that they're named after desserts but whip?!! that's just cruel.


I am not paiseh to admit that I brought one of the place mats home HAHAH.


Moment of truth is when the food arrives.. which on average, takes 20 min.
I guess it's expected cause more time is spent on plating the dishes?
But some of them dont really require that much effort leh.

Both Levon and Bimb ordered the same thing, Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara - $26.99
Comes with the cup! They'll give a clean one la duh hahaha.

Taste-wise, it was quite decent, but just not damn awesome.
Bimb was disappointed with the calamari/onion rings. #cannotrmbwhatisit


Mine was the Goodnight Purin! Omelette Rice - $19.99
SO CUTE WITH THE BLANKIE TUCKED IN OMGAHHHH.

And not that I am biased, but seriously this was good.
Omelette was just a piece of fried egg?
But the cream sauce and rice was awesome.


Annoying Levon trying to wake Pompompurin up. *teehee*


Eeeehee selfie with my favourite yellow fatty!


#bitchstand with Pompompurin's butt hahahah!


Second visit was with Pok!
Dawwww he insisted on going with me even though I was worried there's not much choice for him.


Halloween menu!


And a new place mat for my collection mwahahaha.
The white poodle is his girlfriend Macaroon. 

 


I love how they make time to re-decorate and design new menus according to theme.
Gives me a reason to keep going back - cause the food is quite decent.
#callmebiased but really is awesome compared to Pokemon Cafe :x


Pompompurin's Mushroom Stroganoff - $19.99
The sauce is like mushroom sauce + tomato sauce hahaha. Not bad!
Again, I love how the rice isn't sticky or nua nua although it has been molded into shapes.
Absolutely hate to 吃软饭 LOL

I dont know what the cream is supposed to be, so I removed it after failing to blend it into the sauce HAHA.


Pumpkin and Cream Halloween Plate - $15.99 for Pok!
This was similar to the first dish I tried, so I recommended this for him hehe.
He loved it.. but quantity not enough hahah!


We shared the Royal Milk Tea with Shiratama and Azuki -$9.99
Not too sweet so it was good. 
I love shiratama too! Thanks to Levon's influence hahaha.
It's actually mochi balls.

Oh and now they provide plushies at every table to allow us to snap photos!
Word of caution though, please dont hug them for obvious hygiene reasons hahaha.


If you're interested to give Pompompurin Cafe a try, 
Lunch promo is  between 11 am to 5 pm; Order a main course and drink, and get $3 off.
For dinner, it's 5 pm to 10 pm; Order 2 main courses + 2 drinks + 1 dessert and get $10 off.

I'd recommend the lunch deal if the drink is interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...