Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: Essie Fashion Playground + Tribal Nail Art


I have Essie's Fashion Playground from the Spring 2014 collection for review today!

Fashion Playground is a light mint with a crelly finish - a mix of creme and jelly.
There is a slight shimmer up-close.
The first coat may seem a little streaky but I assure you it evens out after the second.

Its my dream mint polish!
Previously purchased China Glaze's Re-fresh Mint but the color turned out more leaning to light blue.
Also missed it with Essie's First Timer; too dark, more of a pistachio than mint.




Two coats in indoor lighting.


I did some tribal patterns using Bornprettystore's nail art pen in white. (previously reviewed here)
This was in lieu with Cult Nails' monthly nail art competition in April..

Yes I procrastinated for really long :x.
Sort of trying to clear my log of photos, to give me a reason for taking them in the first place.
According to my phone's history, I take an average of 1400 photos a year, 
so might as well put them to use.

ANYWAY
Wanted to do something different from the usual tribal manicures,
which are mostly vibrant colors and strong black lines.
So I did the complete opposite; soft colors and white lines.
And since I had a fine pen, might as well do more details to challenge myself.

Thumb design is the famous Hakuna Matata African symbol.
It means no worries, for the rest of your days ~ 
And the middle finger was partially inspired by Atlantis.
 #disneyfan





Nail art for right hand too. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...