Monday, June 09, 2014

Labour Day Nails!

Did nails as a tribute to my job, for Labour Day.
Got a lot of comments on how much I'm a workaholic hahaha.
I love doing themed nails la. :D

My job title is Laboratory Technologist,
but the majority of my work actually revolves around phlebotomy.
Which is, in layman terms, the art of drawing blood hahaha.
Other than phlebotomy I do microscopy work too.

Initially wanted to do bloodstained nails,
but I thought it might be too gory and I wanted to do some actual nail art.
Public holiday so more time to spend hehehe.
So I painted on the tools of my trade!

A vacutainer needle, and EDTA tube, and a plaster.
The purplish abstract thing is actually how a full blood count slide looks like under a microscope.
I tried my best to accurately draw the cells. :D

Painted on straight lines for my right hand!

Le masterpiece.

Used OPI My Vampire is Buff for the base.
LOL even the name is quite apt, hahahaha.

Anyway, MViB is a popular base for many nail artists!
After seeing so many swatches I bought a bottle, and I can understand why.
Its a creamy nude which has a good formula, 
unlike most light cremes where it applies with many streaks.
If you have ever applied white polish you'll get what I mean. ._.
It matches well with most skin tones too!


OPI My Vampire is Buff, 
two coats for opacity.


i love the EDTA tube best.


China Glaze Creative Fantasy, and
OPI You're such a Budapest for the stripes.

Overall effect reminds me of peanut butter and jelly.


Agree?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...