Thursday, March 19, 2015

Review: Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil for Face

It's been quite some time since my last review for Sample Store!

I'm very sure everyone has heard of Palmer's, especially their Cocoa Butter Formula range, as one of the popular brands for moisturisers.

Founded in America more than 170 years ago, Palmer’s is one of the world’s leading names in skincare. They hold a strong commitment in creating affordable, good quality products which works, and can be found in more than 80 countries worldwide
Their #1 formula, Cocoa Butter Formula, is one of Palmer’s key offering in its wide range of skincare. Today, Palmer’s is still growing to provide a product for every
skincare need : hand and body care, facial care, stretch mark care, hair care, body care and personal care.
Using nature’s richest, most luxurious ingredients, Palmer’s key ingredients include Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Morever, Palmer’s is against animal testing, and all of the products are cruelty free. Majority of Palmer’s products are free of parabens, phthalates and sulphates.

I swear by their lip balm to protect my lips from cracking during dry/cold weather overseas.
Bought the Dark Chocolate and Mint flavoured one during my recent trip to HK, damn cheap only, and smells good. *nom noms.*
Other than lip balms and butters, I've read good reviews for their hand creams, stretch mark creams and scar care products as well.

This time, I'm introducing their Skin Therapy Oil for Face.



Their TVC!





It is a multi-purpose, skin perfecting dry oil for face & neck, and aims to achieve the following:

- Reduces lines & wrinkles
- Lightens dark spots
- Moisturizes dry, ageing skin
- Brightens & evens skin tone

Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil is a combination of Pure Cocoa Butter, Sesame Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Rosehip Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Camelina Oil and Argan Oil.
That's 9 types of oils, blended together with Vitamin A, Vitamin C and their exclusive Cetesomate E Complex,
to confer anti-ageing benefits on your skin!

That being said, Palmer's recommends this serum for women aged 35 and above,
and those who are concerned about fine lines, dark spots, and ageing skin.

Now, the idea of applying oil on your face might sound slightly scary.
Afterall, I'm sure most of us are already used to gel based products, myself included.

It's worth a try though.

I tested the consistency of the oil before applying it to my face.
The oil comes with a dropper, so bonus points for non-messy dispensing!

I placed only a drop on the back of my hand, then rubbed it in to absorb.
There's a nice light rosehip smell, kinda like super diluted rose syrup.



It doesn't feel as oily as I thought it would be, but it definitely left a visible oily sheen.
That was gone in about 5 minutes - longer than my usual gel moisturiser.

Hokay on my face!
I decided I only needed 2 drops for the entire face; lesser on the T-zone because I have combination skin.

Before :
I dont have skin ageing problems like fine lines, dark spots and wrinkles,
but I do have an uneven skin tone.


After:
Hmm face looks shiny initially, but it doesnt feel very oily after 3 minutes.
I left it on for another 10 minutes, still slightly oily.
Took my skin 20 minutes to feel completely dry.


Conclusion? I dont think this is suitable for my face. :x

On the contrary, it absorbed better on my neck.
No oily feeling after 2 minutes!

Before

After


I let my mum try the oil too, to see how it works on their recommended target group.

She approves, hahahah.
According to her feedback, the oil was absorbed into her skin rather quickly, around 3 minutes.
Initially there was a tight feeling, but that went away after 1 minute, after she spread it more evenly on her face.

She felt that her dark spots had not lightened significantly,
but the fine lines seems less pronounced, and she had a brighter skin tone.

Interested to buy Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil , for either yourself or your loved ones?

It's available at Watson's - both online and in physical stores - at $29.90 for a 30 ml bottle.
(Wah I didn't know Watson's had an online store LOL)

And take part in their lucky draw as well!
Simply post a selfie of you and your bottle of Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil on Instagram,
with the hashtags:  #Palmers #PalmersSg #PalmersSTOFace

Stand to win the Grand Prize of $150 cash + $80 Palmer's hamper,
and consolation prize of $100 cash + $80 Palmer's hamper!

Contest runs from now to 25th April, so send in your entries ASAP. Good luck!
*Winners will be announced on 30th April 2015.

Want to try before you buy?
Hehehe you still have time to redeem a free sample from Sample Store here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...